Emergency Orthodontist — Derry & Hudson, NH
Immediate Care When Injuries Arise
Has one of your brackets become loose? Did your retainers shatter on the floor? It’s important not to panic. Orthodontic emergencies like these can be anxiety-inducing, but they are nothing our orthodontists can’t handle. In fact, there are even a few steps you can take at home to restore your pain-free smile. Keep reading to learn what they are or contact our office to speak with our team directly.
Why Choose Simply Orthodontics Derry & Hudson for Emergency Orthodontic Care?
- Doctor with Advanced Orthodontic Expertise
- Insurance Welcome and Flexible Financing
- Caring and Gentle Team Prioritizes Comfort
How We Treat Orthodontic Emergencies
Some orthodontic emergencies are irritating, while others can be scary. No matter your situation, you should seek help as soon as possible. Here’s what we’ll do when you contact us:
- Same-day appointment: In addition to providing personalized tips over the phone, our knowledgeable and friendly team will do everything possible to see you the same day of your call.
- Emergency exam: At your appointment, we will look at your teeth, gums, and braces, taking X-rays if needed. That way, we can pinpoint the root of the problem and alleviate any swelling or discomfort.
- Get the care you need: In most cases, we can quickly, easily, and affordably treat orthodontic emergencies. You may need a follow-up appointment if new parts need to be ordered, such as a new aligner. In rare cases, if we determine your orthodontic emergency was due to an underlying health issue or your teeth suffered damage, we may refer you to a general dentist for proper care. If your jaw has been dislocated or broken, please go directly to your local emergency room.
The Most Common Orthodontic Emergencies
When wearing braces, you understand the importance of maintaining healthy teeth and cleaning your appliances regularly. However, even if you are diligent in your orthodontic care, it is possible to accidentally suffer an injury that involves your metal appliances and/or teeth and gums. In these situations, you should remember to call our office and alert us to the situation as soon as possible. While at home waiting for your appointment, however, you can follow some simple tips based on your particular issue.
Understanding the Cost of Orthodontic Emergencies
Orthodontic emergencies can encompass a wide range of cases, from a broken bracket to a soft tissue injury. As a result, the treatment (and the price) varies. That’s why scheduling an appointment is crucial! Once we have a better understanding of what is needed to restore your smile, we will provide you with an estimate of the cost and review your financial options, like dental insurance and flexible financing.
How to Prevent Orthodontic Emergencies
When it comes to orthodontic emergencies, prevention is paramount. To protect your teeth and stay on track with your treatment plan, make sure to:
- Avoid foods that can break traditional braces, like apples and peanut brittle.
- Wear a mouthguard if you play a contact or noncontact sport.
- Implement a solid oral hygiene routine.
- Visit our orthodontist every six months for a dental checkup and teeth cleaning.
- Quit poor dental habits, like biting your nails and chewing on ice.
Orthodontic emergencies can be nerve-wracking, but handling one will be much less anxiety-inducing with the information above in mind. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule an appointment, don’t hesitate to contact our office!